- Brand: Gskyer
- Eye Piece Lens Description: Barlow
- Objective Lens Diameter: 70 Millimeters
- Telescope Mount: Altazimuth Mount
- Product Dimensions: 24.8"D x 4.92"W x 8.46"H
- Focus Type: Manual Focus
- Power Source: Adapter
- Finderscope: Reflex
- Item Weight: 2.6 Kilograms
- Lens Coating Description: Fully Coated
- High-quality optics with fully coated glass lens
- Adjustable tripod and carry bag for easy transportation and storage
- Wireless remote and phone adapter for easy celestial imaging
- Two-year warranty and technical support from the company
- Manual focus, which can be difficult for some users
The Gskyer Telescope, 70mm Aperture 400mm AZ Mount Astronomical Refracting Telescope for Kids Beginners is a great option for those interested in exploring the night sky. It utilizes a reflector optical design, which means that the telescope uses a mirror to gather and focus light. This type of design is known for its ability to produce bright and sharp images, making it a popular choice for amateur astronomers.
The telescope’s aperture, or the size of the mirror or objective lens, is 70 millimeters. This is a moderate size that allows for a good balance between light gathering ability and portability. The larger the aperture, the more light the telescope can gather, resulting in clearer and brighter images.
Focal length and ratio:
The telescope has a focal length of 400mm and a focal ratio of f/5.7. The focal length is the distance from the lens to the point where the light is focused, and it determines the native magnification of the telescope. The focal ratio, also known as the f-ratio, is the focal length divided by the aperture, and it describes the telescope’s ability to gather light. A lower f-ratio means that the telescope can gather more light, making it more suitable for observing faint objects.
The Gskyer Telescope is designed with the user in mind, offering features such as a manual focus, adjustable tripod, and a carry bag for easy transportation. Additionally, it comes with a 5x24 finder scope with a mounting bracket and cross-hair lines inside, making it easy to locate objects in the sky.
The telescope is mounted on an Altazimuth mount, which allows for both azimuth and altitude movement. This type of mount is known for its easy and intuitive operation, making it a great option for beginners.
The telescope comes with two replaceable eyepieces and one 3x Barlow lens, which trebles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. This allows for more flexibility in terms of magnification and makes it easier to observe a variety of objects in the sky.
Should you buy it?
If you are looking for a telescope that is easy to use, portable, and capable of producing high-quality images, then the Gskyer Telescope is a great option to consider. It is designed for beginners and kids and is perfect for exploring the stars and moon.
The telescope comes with a number of useful accessories, including a smart phone adapter and a wireless camera remote that allows you to explore the nature of the world through your screen. It also comes with an adjustable aluminum alloy tripod and a carry bag, making it easy to transport and store.
How to use Gskyer Telescope, 70mm Aperture 400mm?
- Assemble the tripod and mount the telescope on it
- Use the finderscope to locate the object you want to observe
- eyepiece or Barlow lens to adjust the magnification and focus the image
- Use the altitude and azimuth adjustment knobs on the mount to position the telescope and track the object as it moves across the sky
- If desired, use the included smart phone adapter and wireless remote to take photos or videos of the object being observed
- When finished observing, disassemble the telescope and store it in the carry bag for safe transportation and storage.
More Related For You
- National Geographic Telescope Nt114cf Review
- Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm Telescope Review
- Orion StarBlast ii 4.5 Equatorial Review
- Best Binoculars for Football Games
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Gskyer Telescope 70mm good for viewing planets?
Yes, the Gskyer Telescope 70mm is suitable for viewing planets, especially when combined with high magnification eyepieces.
Can the Gskyer Telescope 70mm be used for astrophotography?
Yes, the Gskyer Telescope 70mm can be used for basic astrophotography, although it may not be ideal for more advanced techniques.
Does the Gskyer Telescope 70mm come with accessories?
Yes, the Gskyer Telescope 70mm typically comes with a few accessories, such as eyepieces and a finderscope, although the exact items included may vary. It is always best to check the product description or contact the manufacturer for a complete list of included accessories.