When it comes to long-range shooting or hunting, having a reliable scope mounted on your Sako 85 is essential. A high-quality scope mount ensures that your scope is securely attached to the rifle and maintains its zero even under heavy recoil. This stability is crucial for consistent accuracy and precise shots.
If you own a Sako 85 rifle and you’re looking to enhance your shooting experience, investing in the best scope mount is crucial. The right scope mount will ensure stability, accuracy, and proper alignment of your scope, allowing you to make precise shots with confidence. In this article, we will explore some of the best scope mounts available for Sako 85 rifles, helping you make an informed decision for your shooting needs.
Importance of a Quality Scope Mount:
A poor-quality scope mount can lead to several issues, including unreliable zeroing, loss of accuracy, and even damage to your scope or rifle. Investing in a high-quality scope mount will provide the following benefits:
- Stability: A sturdy and well-built scope mount keeps your scope in place, minimizing any movement that could affect your accuracy.
- Alignment: A properly aligned scope mount ensures that your scope is correctly positioned relative to your rifle’s barrel, optimizing your shot placement.
- Durability: Quality scope mounts are built to withstand the rigors of shooting, including recoil and environmental conditions.
- Compatibility: The best scope mounts are specifically designed for Sako 85 rifles, ensuring a perfect fit and easy installation.
- Versatility: Some scope mounts offer additional features like adjustable cant or elevation, allowing you to fine-tune your scope’s alignment to your preferences.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Scope Mounts for Sako 85:
When selecting a scope mount for your Sako 85, several factors should be taken into account:
Ensure that the scope mount is specifically designed for Sako 85 rifles. Compatibility ensures a proper fit and eliminates any compatibility issues that may affect the performance and reliability of your scope.
Material and Construction:
Opt for scope mounts made from durable materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum or steel. These materials offer excellent strength and rigidity, ensuring optimal stability and longevity.
Consider the mounting system of the scope mount. The most popular options include one-piece mounts, two-piece mounts, and picatinny/weaver mounts. Choose a mounting system that suits your shooting style, preferences, and the type of optic you intend to use.
Height and Offset:
Take into account the height and offset of the scope mount. The ideal height and offset depend on your shooting application, optic type, and personal preference. Consider factors such as eye relief, cheek weld, and compatibility with iron sights.
How to Install a Scope Mount on a Sako 85:
Properly installing a scope mount on your Sako 85 is essential for optimal performance. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Ensure your rifle is unloaded and in a safe condition.
- Remove any existing scope or mounts from your rifle.
- Place the scope mount on the rifle’s receiver, aligning it with the pre-drilled holes.
- Insert the screws provided with the scope mount and tighten them evenly, using the appropriate torque settings.
- Double-check the alignment of the mount and ensure it is secure.
- Attach your scope rings to the mount and tighten them securely.
- Place your scope into the rings and adjust its position for proper eye relief.
- Tighten the scope ring screws, ensuring a snug fit without over-tightening.
- Confirm that the scope is level and aligned with your rifle’s bore.
- Conduct a bore sighting or visit a shooting range for further zeroing and adjustments.
Tips for Maintaining Your Scope Mount:
To ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your scope mount, follow these maintenance tips:
- Regularly inspect your scope mount for any signs of wear or damage.
- Clean the mount and rings with a soft cloth to remove dirt, debris, and moisture.
- Apply a light coat of lubricant to the mount’s moving parts to prevent corrosion and facilitate smooth operation.
- Avoid over-tightening the screws, as this can lead to stress on the mount or scope.
- Store your rifle and scope mount in a clean and dry environment, protected from extreme temperatures and humidity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use any scope mount with my Sako 85 rifle?
It is recommended to choose a scope mount specifically designed for Sako 85 rifles to ensure proper fit and compatibility.
What is the advantage of a one-piece scope mount over a two-piece mount?
One-piece scope mounts offer increased rigidity and can be easier to install, while two-piece mounts provide more flexibility in scope positioning.
Do I need any special tools for installing a scope mount on my Sako 85?
Most scope mounts come with the necessary screws and often require a torque wrench to achieve proper tightening.